History

1921

1921

Frank and Johanna Cole moved to Lomira and became the area’s Standard Oil agent. Buildings and storage tanks were located on Pleasant Hill Avenue, the current location of our Lomira office and bulk plant .

1940

1940

John Cole joined his father, Frank, in the business.

1946

1946

Frank passed away as the result of a truck accident while delivering fuel. John and his wife, Dorothy, took over the agency.

1962

1962

Ron Cole joined his father, John, in the business.

1976

1976

John retired and Standard Oil made some changes. Ron and his wife, Karen, purchased the business, which then became known as Cole Oil Company.

1983

Cole Oil Company purchased and operated the Amoco Gas Station and Repair Business at 550 Van Dyne Road in N. Fond du Lac, but later sold it in 1994.

1987

1987

Tony Cole, Ron & Karen’s oldest son, joined the business as a fuel truck driver.

1987

1987

Cole Oil Company purchased what is now Cole’s BP, located on Milwaukee Street (Hwy 175) in Lomira.

1988

1988

Cole Oil Company purchased Fondy Fuel Mart, located at 1305 S Main Street in Fond du Lac. It was a greyhound bus station, along with a gas and diesel station until 1994. The business was later sold in 2002.

1988

1988

  Traci Cole, Ron & Karen’s daughter, joined the business.

1990

1990

The Cole Oil Company office was moved out of Ron and Karen’s home to 819 Milwaukee Street in Lomira. Propane was added to the business.

1991

Cole Oil Company purchased the fuel oil business from Shefond Oil Company in Campbellsport.

1994

1994

Cole Oil Company purchased what is now Cole’s Brownsville BP, located on W Main Street (Hwy 49).

1995

Cole Oil Company acquired Youngbeck Oil Company, located in Mayville, adding another bulk plant location.

1996

1996

Tom Cole, Ron & Karen’s youngest son, joined the business as a propane driver.

1996

1996

The Hi-Way Hop was built with an attached Hardee’s, which was later replaced with Burger King. This location had a 50’s and 60’s classic look that included a variety of antiques from the era.

1999

Cole Oil Company acquired Caves Oil Company in Mayville.

2008

The Car Wash and Pet Wash were added to the Cole’s Brownsville BP location.

2009

2009

Ron and Karen retired. Tony, Traci, and Tom (the 4th Generation of Coles) now own and operate the business.

2010

2010

Cole’s current home office was built at 310 Pleasant Hill Avenue, located next to the bulk plant in Lomira.

2011

Cole Oil Company acquired a portion of Fox Valley propane and celebrated 90 years in business!

2013

2013

Cole Oil Company purchased Herschberger LP Gas Service, acquiring our current Ripon Office and expanding our delivery area into Green Lake County.

2014

2014

A devastating fire completely destroyed the Hi-Way Hop.

2014

2014

Cole Oil Company purchased O’Connor Oil in Fond du Lac, acquiring an additional Fuel & Lubricant Bulk Plant and our current Fond du Lac Office.

2015

2015

The Hi-Way Hop was re-built (with a much more modern feel) and re-opened with an attached Taco Bell.